Director of Operations
Debra is a senior business executive, focusing on Human Resources and Employer Branding. Over the last 15 years, she has been involved with creating, developing, growing and enhancing HR systems and department as well as company cultures, especially through growth. Highlights include:
▪ Entrepreneurial leadership experience growing and developing HR practices from recruiting processes to employee development to benefits and payroll administration for companies on a growth trajectory.
▪ Strong drive and passion for identifying and transforming HR practices into efficiencies for the employees and increasing the bottom line for the business.
▪ Dedication to employee engagement and coaching to create an environment of promotion from within and development of employee’s strengths combined with company’s needs.
▪ Ability to leverage relationships of all departments in the creation of cross-functional teams to foster partnerships creating a stronger culture to able to withstand all types of change.
▪ Inspirational leadership and motivation of senior leadership, internal teams, and partners to execute on business initiatives with the focus on increasing employer branding.
▪ She helped grow Honest Tea from 52 employees and $23M in sales in 2007, to 127 employees and $113M in sales in 2013. She also played a critical role in the Honest Tea acquisition by The Coca-Cola Company in 2011, and the integration and further expansion of Honest Tea as an independent business unit after the acquisition. Honest Tea was a multi-year winner of awards from the Alliance for Workplace Excellence.
In Her Own Words
What do you do (in 5 words or fewer)?
Keeper of the culture
What gives you hope?
My kids, I see all that is possible in them
When your life is over, what would you like people to say about you?
We will miss her laughter.
If you were a cupcake, what type would you be and why?
Young and Eligible from my favourite cupcake shop in Toronto. Chocolate cake with espresso icing.
What’s your favorite way to spend a rainy afternoon?
Cooking new recipes.
What would you put on a billboard?
Have fun. Dig deep. Dream BIG.
What’s your dream project?
Writing a novel.