Edward G Modell
Ed Modell, JD, PCC is a personal and business executive, leadership coach and mediator specializing in multicultural work environments and cross-cultural and diversity issues. Ed has a unique background as an attorney, a mediator, a non-profit Community Mediation Center Board member and legal advisor, a trainer of courageous conversations, a leadership and conflict management coach, the Ombudsman for the State of Maryland Judiciary Department, and the former President of the International Coach Federation (ICF) and ICF Metro DC Chapter. He is now the Community Liaison for Educational Equity for the Queen Anne’s County Public Schools.
Ed was also the convener of and presenter at the 2013 ICF Conference on Cultural Competence and Diversity and Inclusion, was a Co-founder of the ICF Metro DC and Maryland Chapters’ Diversity and Inclusion Community of Practice and is a member of the Conversations on Race Steering Committee for the Queen Anne’s County Multicultural Proficiency Committee.
Ed’s professional experience includes:
• Organizing an ACLU Chapter in Southeastern Virginia in 1970, while serving as an Officer in the United States Air Force
• Co-facilitating, with a retired U.S. Ambassador, a three-day dialogue of Israeli and Palestinian civilian water rights experts
• Serving as Executive Director of the Institute for Multi-Track Diplomacy, an international non-profit peace-building organization
• Coaching government and private business executives on conflict resolution, team-building, leadership and succession planning issues
• Over 30 years as an attorney in Washington, DC representing clients on matters of social justice, energy, mental health and telecommunications