Cook Ross Inc and the Association of American Medical Colleges present a unique program that empowers you to educate groups in your healthcare organization around Unconscious Bias. This evidence-based, intensive and dynamic 4-day course begins with a one-day Everyday Bias Workshop. The following three days provides a hands-on train-the-trainer experience that will empower you to deliver a two-hour course which explores how Unconscious Biases develop, how they influence perceptions and decision making, and their impact on institutional diversity and inclusion efforts.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Examine your background and identity so you can interact more authentically with co-workers, customers, and the community
- Explore how the brain functions so you can recognize Unconscious Bias as a natural function of the human mind
- Expose patterns of Unconscious Bias so you can navigate their impact on decision making
- Understand the science, research, and impact of unconscious bias so that you can be more conscious in your decision making.
- Learn to deliver a 2-hour Unconscious Bias course and navigate conversations around biases
Who Should Attend?
Diversity and Inclusion Practitioners, Human Resource Personnel, Organization Development and I/O Psychology Practitioners, Coaches, Counselors, Educators, Heads of Departments/Divisions and or Executives – Individuals who are interested in developing a better understanding of themselves, their decision-making approach and what makes them and their organization “tick”.
Available Dates: all 2018 courses are full.
Thank you for your interest in Cook Ross’ public Train-the-Trainer (TTT) program. Our upcoming TTT courses are full and currently, we do not have future course dates established. We are in the process of determining our public course schedule for 2019.
While our scheduled courses are full, we do continue to offer client-specific TTT programs. Geared towards organizations whose facilitators will train upwards of 500 employees, these programs are highly customized to an organization’s specific needs. Our client-specific TTT programs include assessment and consulting work ahead of the program to align with an organization’s strategic goals, in addition to observations and coaching after the conclusion of the program, to ensure that trainers are prepared and confident in facilitating their colleagues with content provided by Cook Ross.
If you’re interested in learning more about our client-specific engagements, please contact us here.
Important information before registering:
- Those trained in this course may only train employees of the same organization.
- A licensing agreement and fee is required to enroll in this course.
- Cancellations must be communicated by phone directly to the registrar.