Everyone has bias. It’s just part of our human nature, a survival mechanism. Do you fully understand the impact of unconscious bias on your professional and personal effectiveness? In this interactive, engaging one-day workshop you will explore how your assumptions impact choices around communication, innovation, hiring, engagement, management, promotion, marketing, and building organizational culture. Cook Ross’ Everyday Bias workshop allows you to take a huge step on your journey toward developing a deeper capacity to identify invisible assumptions and concealed patterns of thinking.
- Recognize the business case for a reinvented approach to diversity and inclusion so that you can identify and address these concerns in your own organization.
- Become aware of your own perceptions so that you can convert that awareness into constructive behavior.
- Understand the science, research, and impact of unconscious bias so that you can be more conscious in your decision making.
- Explore the way the mind perceives difference and how that perception impacts business so that you can use it to enhance engagement, innovation and collaboration in your organization.
- Identify business situations where biases may exist so that you can address biases in those situations.
- Practice new strategies to recognize and mitigate bias so that you can cultivate skills to affect change in decision-making, evaluation, and interpersonal and group interactions.
- Create individual action plans so that you can move toward inclusion within one’s sphere of influence, especially regarding relationships with direct reports, teams, managers and internal/external clients.
Who Should Attend?
Diversity and Inclusion Practitioners, Human Resource Personnel, Organization Development and I/O Psychology Practitioners, Coaches, Counselors, Educators, Heads of Departments/Divisions and or Executives – Individuals who are interested in developing a better understanding of themselves, their decision-making approach and what makes them and their organization “tick”.
Check back soon for 2018 dates.
Cook Ross Inc. Headquarters
8515 Georgia Ave, Suite 800
Silver Spring, MD 20910
$825 Individual Rate
Groups of three or more from the same organization are eligible for group pricing. Contact Natanya Khashan for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.329.2877