March 31 – April 3, 2020
Cook Ross and the Association of American Medical Colleges present a unique program that empowers you to educate groups in your healthcare organization around Everyday Bias. This evidence‐based, intensive and dynamic 4-day course provides a hands-on experience that prepares you to deliver an Exploring Everyday Bias for the Healthcare Professionals workshop. This unique professional development opportunity is aimed at leaders in academic medicine and other professionals in healthcare and biomedical research who are looking to integrate Everyday Bias learning opportunities into their organizations.
Beginning with a highly experiential Exploring Everyday Bias for the Healthcare Professionals workshop, participants will be empowered to deliver a two-hour course to employees of their organizations. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of unconscious bias and how to facilitate conversations around how everyday biases develop, influence perceptions and decision making, and impact institutional diversity and inclusion efforts.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Examine your background and identity so you can interact more authentically with co-workers, customers, and the community
- Explore how the brain functions so you can recognize Unconscious Bias as a natural function of the human mind
- Expose patterns of Unconscious Bias so you can navigate their impact on decision making
- Understand the science, research, and impact of unconscious bias so that you can be more conscious in your decision making.
- Learn to deliver a 2-hour Exploring Everyday Bias for the Healthcare Professionals course and navigate conversations around biases
Who Should Attend?
Diversity and Inclusion Practitioners, Human Resource Personnel, Organization Development and I/O Psychology Practitioners, Coaches, Counselors, Educators, Heads of Departments/Divisions and or Executives – Individuals who are interested in developing a better understanding of themselves, their decision-making approach and what makes them and their organization “tick”.
March 31 – April 3, 2020
655 K St. NW
Washington, DC 20001
To Register for the Course
Please contact Cook Ross at email@example.com. In addition to the registration fee, a licensing agreement and fee is required to enroll in this course.
Important information before registering:
- Those trained in this course may only train employees of the same organization.
- A licensing agreement and fee is required to enroll in this course.
- All payments related to registration and licensing are due 2 weeks before the start of the course.
- Cancellations must be communicated by email directly to the registrar.