The Unconscious Bias Learning Lab is a two-day intensive learning experience in which participants explore the science and research behind unconscious bias and apply that knowledge to their own personal background and narrative. Through experiential activities and deep conversation, participants learn how unconscious bias impacts both individuals and systems, and practice proven strategies to reduce the negative effects of bias in the workplace.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Examine your background and identity so you can interact more authentically with co-workers, customers, and the community
- Explore how the brain functions so you can recognize Unconscious Bias as a natural function of the human mind
- Expose patterns of Unconscious Bias so you can navigate their impact on decision making.
- Confront your own biases so you can practice conscious awareness
- Identify organizational leverage points so you can mitigate the impact of Unconscious Bias in interactions, processes, and structures
- Practice strategies and tools so you can create systemic change in your organization
Who Should Attend?
Diversity and Inclusion Practitioners, Human Resource Personnel, Organization Development and I/O Psychology Practitioners, Coaches, Counselors, Educators, Heads of Departments/Divisions, and Executives – Individuals who are interested in developing a better understanding of themselves, their decision-making approach, and what makes them and their organization “tick”.
September 18-19, 2019
Silver Spring, MD (just outside of Washington, DC)
$2,495 Individual Rate
Contact Natanya Khashan for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.329.2877