What role does the brain play in overcoming the challenges around diversity and inclusion? According to recent advances neuroscience and cognitive science, the human mind sees and relates to other people in ways that are often masked to our conscious mind. But in uncovering these Unconscious Biases, we can better understand the organizational, human, and societal challenges around diversity, inclusion, cultural competency, and leadership. During this three-day interactive learning experience, you will gain new skills in decision-making, building inclusive teams and cultures, intercultural communications, and increasing employee engagement. At a time where our workforce and customer bases are continually shifting, you’ll come to understand the impact of Unconscious Bias on organizational behavior, employee productivity and engagement, and economic potential.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Examine your background and identity so you can interact more authentically with co-workers, customers, and the community
- Explore how the brain functions so you can recognize Unconscious Bias as a natural function of the human mind
- Expose patterns of Unconscious Bias so you can navigate their impact on decision making.
- Confront your own biases so you can practice conscious awareness
- Identify organizational leverage points so you can mitigate the impact of Unconscious Bias in interactions, processes, and structures
- Practice strategies and tools so you can create systemic change in your organization
Who Should Attend?
Diversity and Inclusion Practitioners, Human Resource Personnel, Organization Development and I/O Psychology Practitioners, Coaches, Counselors, Educators, Heads of Departments/Divisions, and Executives – Individuals who are interested in developing a better understanding of themselves, their decision-making approach, and what makes them and their organization “tick”.
June 13-15, 2018 – SOLD OUT
September 26-28, 2018
Silver Spring, MD (just outside of Washington, DC)
$2,495 Individual Rate
$2,195 Group Rate for three or more from the same organization
Register 45 days or more in advance of workshop date for $300 registration savings
Contact Natanya Khashan for more information, email@example.com or 301.329.2877